When you use the MissRational websites (“Site”) or mobile application (“App”) certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns may be collected by MissRational using cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. MissRational uses these technologies to provide you with a secure, personalized, and more relevant experience on the Site and App as well as to continually improve our Site and App.
Below we list the cookies and web beacons we use, and why we use them as well as explain how you can manage and delete cookies.
2. What are cookies and web beacons?
- Cookies are small text files that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely (but anonymously) identify your browser or device. A cookie contains a unique number, which is used to recognize your computer or mobile device when you return to our website, and remember your preferences and actions. Cookies cannot search your computer in any way or introduce viruses.
- Web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) are small electronic files contained on pages of websites that permit companies to count users who have visited certain webpages on a website or mobile application and are used for other related statistics and analytics (e.g., recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
3. What type of information does MissRational collect through cookies?
The type of information that MissRational collects through cookies, web beacons and tracking technologies may include information about your computer, device, and browser, including your browser type, browser language, IP address, advertising ID, referring URLs, and actions taken by you on our Site or App, including referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages and the date and time of your requests. Through these technologies, MissRational may also collect information from your devices when you access the Site or App, including Device ID or unique identifier, device type and unique device token.
5. What types of cookies does MissRational use?
5.1 First and third-party cookies
- First-party cookies are cookies that are served directly by MissRational to your computer. They are used only by MissRational to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits the Site or App.
- Third-party cookies are served by a third-party service provider on behalf of MissRational, and can be used by the third-party service provider to recognize your computer or mobile device when you visit other websites. Third-party cookies are most commonly used for analytics or advertising purposes.
5.2 Type of cookies used by MissRational
MissRational uses different cookies for a variety of reasons as explained in detail below.
- Essential. MissRational uses essential cookies in order to operate the Site and App, including enabling you to use the MissRational product features, such as accessing logged in or secure areas. We also use essential cookies to enable and support our security features.
- Functionality. MissRational uses functionality cookies and web beacons to remember how you’re logged in, whether you updated a review or added a comment, when you logged in or out and the history of the tools you have used on the Site and App, and topics you have recently visited. Functionality cookies allow MissRational to tailor the Site and App to provide enhanced features and content for you and to remember how you have customized the Site or App in other ways. The information collected by functionality cookies and web beacons may be anonymous.
- Performance/Analytics. Performance cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies collect information about how you have used the Site or App, and may be used to allow MissRational to know that you have logged in so that MissRational can provide you with refreshed content. In addition, these cookies and web beacons are used for analytics purposes, including by MissRational to track aggregate Site and App usage and experiment with new features and changes to enhance your experience on the Site and App.
- Advertising or Targeting. MissRational may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver advertisements and content that is relevant to your interests. These cookies and web beacons can remember that your computer or mobile device has visited our Site or App, and may also be able to track your device’s browsing activity on other sites or services other than MissRational. This information may be shared with organizations outside of MissRational, such as advertisers and/or advertising networks to deliver the advertising, and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
5.3 Third-Party Cookies Used by MissRational
Below are some of the third-party service providers that currently place analytics, advertising and social networking cookies within the Site or App. The table is subject to change at any time and does not necessarily include all third-party service providers used by MissRational at any given time.
We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website. For more information about Google’s privacy practices, see https://policies.google.com/privacy.
We use Doubleclick to help us target ads to you on other websites and to track how you use the Site or App. For more information about opting out of the ads, see: https://adssettings.google.com/u/0/authenticated.
We use Facebook to help us target ads to you and to track advertisements and website visits from our advertisements displayed on Facebook. For more information about Facebook’s privacy practices, please see: https://www.facebook.com/help/www/213802165366955.
We use Facebook’s social plugin to enable our users to sign in to the Site or App using your Facebook account. For more information about Facebook’s social plugin, please see: https://www.facebook.com/help/www/443483272359009.
6. How long will cookies stay on my device?
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. MissRational uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser.